onsdag 12 augusti 2015

Some more prep-work

I started to prepare for the upcoming charity event months ago, with establishing the right contacts, have meetings and discuss funding, logistics and program etc.  However, now some real prep-work needed to be done. Fliers and posters about the event have been handed out and put up, and additional marketing about the event in social media have been done. Luckily, a very kind person by the name Katie Forsman (at Pie Design) agreed to do the graphic material for the event. However, market the event in malls have not been successful, as it seems as though you are not allowed to put up posters in any of the malls here in Bangalore (not even with a bit of a "tip").

Also, Swedish Chamber of Commerce India (SCCI) and Overseas Women's Club (OWC) agreed to do emailers to all their members, so this should attracts some more people to come. The only company, so far, that has agreed to do a CSR-contribution though is the IT-company INDPRO, but I am holding my fingers crossed that there will be additional donations at the event, from both private persons as well as possible companies. But at least 50% of the ticket fee will go directly to Vidyaranya's Ujjawala shelter, so that is really good.

Some lovely ladies in Pebble bay have also donated some salvars and saris to the victim in the shelter that will hold a speech. Preparing the former victim, Shilpa, turned out to be just a little bit more tricky than I though, but I am sure everything will be fine.

Yesterday was for me, sorry to say this, but a real shitty day (and this had nothing what so ever to do with my shelter work). But after meeting the lovely Shilpa at the shelter I always realize that there is no need to be so frustrated about not very relevant issues in our lives. I hope my mindset one day can be as "at ease" as Shilpa, for example. But having said this, I still think that I will be as frustrated as always when locals do the photographing, grabbing and pinching.

Even though Shilpa has been through so much horrors in her life she says that she is happy and content with her life, but that she wants to help the shelter more. She is quite an amazing young woman, I must say.

Some of the clothes donated to the shelter

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar